The South Hill Rotary Club was chartered on June 13, 1928 as a member club of Rotary International with 22 active members that represented the various local businesses and community organizations. The club was sponsored by the Petersburg Rotary Club and has continued its service to the South Hill area since that time.
Currently the club is celebrating its 91st year of service. All Rotary Clubs are nonpolitical, nonreligious and operate under the motto "Service Above Self". Rotary’s main objective is service — in the community, in the workplace, and throughout the world. The South Hill club has established a primary focus of its projects on education in the local community and on clean water internationally with a past project being Bio-Water Filter Systems in Haiti and a well in Ghana.
At the annual District 7600 Conference in Norfolk in October 2010 our club was awarded the Governor's Cup. The cup was placed on display at member businesses, the South Hill Town Office and the South Hill Chamber of Commerce for the remainder of the Rotary year. Since 2010 the Club has earned more than 50 other Award recognitions.
Below are two files about the Town of South Hill and an abreviated history of our club from 1928 through Rotary year 2010 to 2011.
South Hill Rotary History
"South Hill celebrates 85th Anniversary in the photo below"